Q: Q: My car wont start

My car wont start i replaced the spark plugs and the starter and it still wont turn over and i charged the battery

There are four common causes of why an engine won’t crank over including, not enough amps in the battery to engage the starter, a broken starter, a wiring issue, or a ground wire that was not properly reconnected. It’s very common for the final item (reattaching ground wires) to be forgotten; even by professional mechanics in many cases. The best bet is to check all of your connections, from the battery, to the starter and all other electric components that impacts the starter. Also, you might want to consider replacing the battery if it’s older. Simply charging a battery won’t help it if it’s worn out. I’d suggest getting some help from a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who can diagnose your starting issue and fix it accordingly.

3. Q: My car wont start