Q: Fuel door release open

I can’t get the fuel door to open in my Tempo using the switch that is in the glove compartment. The manual release in the trunk work. But I have to open my trunk every time I get gas and it’s cumbersome. I want to get the fuel door release working. Do you know how to fix it? Do you have any suggestions or ideas?

A: Hey there. This is an electrical release me...

Hey there. This is an electrical release mechanism, consisting of the switch in the glove compartment, and a solenoid that is inside the fuel door itself. Starting with the fuse for this circuit, follow the "power trail" to see which component (or the wiring) has failed. If you need help having this checked, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the fuel door electrical mechanism and pinpoint the fault.