Q: Door Ajar alert staying on

I am getting a Door Ajar alert for the rear left door, but it is closed. This in turn causes the interior light to stay on. Also, the car door locks don't always work.

A: Hi there. It sounds like it may be the door...

Hi there. It sounds like it may be the door latch switch may have stopped working. It seems to be a common problem with this car and can be fixed easily. A common sign of the switch going bad is the alert light coming on. I recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come out and inspect the switch and also inspect the door not locking issue.