Q: Door Ajar alert staying on

I am getting a Door Ajar alert for the rear left door, but it is closed. This in turn causes the interior light to stay on. Also, the car door locks don't always work.

Hi there. It sounds like it may be the door latch switch may have stopped working. It seems to be a common problem with this car and can be fixed easily. A common sign of the switch going bad is the alert light coming on. I recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come out and inspect the switch and also inspect the door not locking issue.

3. Door Ajar alert staying on