Q: How does the windshield wiper and washer switch work?

asked by on December 14, 2015

How does the windshield wiper and washer switch work?

Your windshield wiper and washer switch might not be critical to driving the car, but it does provide you with important functionality, particularly when it starts to rain. Here’s what you need to know about using it:

1. Turn the knob toward you one time for intermittent wiper functionality. Note that you can adjust the speed from slow to fast by turning the inside portion of the switch to the setting you want.

2. Turn the knob toward you twice for low speed wiping.

3. Turn the knob toward you three times for high speed wipers.

4. Push up on the lever itself to wipe the windshield once.

5. To spray washer fluid on the windshield, pull the lever toward you. The wipers will activate briefly as well.