Q: Check Engine Light is on and engine is quaking and stalling - 2006 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG

My car ran perfectly since I deleted the modules secondary cat, resonator and muffler on my car. Then last week I changed the oil, took off the engine cover, checked the air filter stock, reinstalled the cover and finished the oil change. About an hour later the car was quaking at a low rpm and stalled a few times. The Check Engine Light came on. I got the code p0101 a Mass Air Flow sensor problem. I bought some MAF cleaner, disconnected the battery for a couple of minutes started the engine, and the Check Engine light was off. Then the CEL came back on after restarting my car later on. The car ran fine though. Is there still something wrong with the car?

Hello. If the Check Engine Light has come on, then that means the computer has detected some sort of issue. I would rescan the computer to see if the same code has returned, even after cleaning the sensor. If cleaning the MAF did not clear the code, then it is likely that the MAF sensor needs to be replaced. When changing out the MAF be sure to replace it with a high quality unit (an original equipment piece if possible), as a low quality,or low budget MAF can sometimes cause issues. Usually a MAF sensor replacement is quick, and aside from clearing the code, it can help keep the vehicle running at maximum efficiency.

• Check Engine Light is on and engine is quaking and stalling - 2006 Mercedes Benz C55 AMG