Q: My 03 blazer was driving fine and all of a sudden it sputters then quits and has not started since. The fuel pump hums....?

I tried either and nothing still. It cranks but won't start

Hi there. To start a vehicle, the electrical system, composed of the battery and starter, turns the engine over. Once running, the engine requires a constant flow of gasoline and good spark to keep that fuel igniting. If gasoline is not readily available, or if there is not enough spark, the engine will quit. More modern vehicles with sophisticated computers may affect the way the vehicle runs. These computers help the car run efficiently but can also shut a car down if the fuel/air mixture is not correct. In order to correctly diagnose the source of this issue, you’ll have to contact a local mobile mechanic and have them complete a car starts then dies inspection.

Hi there. The issue sounds like the fuel pump may have lost pressure.

Even though the fuel pump is working, there could be a loss of pump pressure and it could be weak.

Get a fuel pressure gauge and check for fuel pressure on the rail to see if the pump is putting out the right amount of pressure.

If the pump is not, then it would need to be replaced.

If the pump is, then the fuel pressure regulator would need to be replaced.

If you need further assistance with your engine not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. My 03 blazer was driving fine and all of a sudden it sputters then quits and has not started since. The fuel pump hums....?