Q: Peugeot 206 cutting out whilst driving 'Not idling??' 2004 Peugeot 206

asked by on February 11, 2017

Hi. My 2004 Peugeot 206 has started cutting off whilst driving. Had a service on Monday and everything was fine, engine management light came on Thursday afternoon and would not go off, had a diagnostic test and they could not find anything wrong, the only faults were 'Remote fault permanent fault. No communication on the data wire' and 'Remote fault, absence of communication with audio equipment' I had a new stereo fitted last year so the garage informed me this would explain the latter. What could be causing it to cut out?

Hi there - this problem could be in the wiring, with a possible electrical short that takes out power to the ignition. Depending on where the stereo installer took power for the new system, there may be a connection which shorts while driving (bumps, etc.). Check those connections first. This might also be a crankshaft position sensor failing intermittently as well - these failure do not always set a Check Engine condition. I recommend an engine stalling inspection