Q: Bypass air conditioning compressor

asked by on November 11, 2017

I have a 1999 chevy ventura and my air compressor got lock..i want to put a short serpentine belt by bypassing the air conditioner...how do i measure so i can get a shorter belt.. Or any one know which belt to get....i don't want to buy a Dorman Air Conditioner Bypass Bracket i juts want to get a shorter belt....is getting real cold so i wont be using the air conditioner..thanks

Hi Francisco. Although we appreciate the question, we can’t recommend attempting to bypass the AC system and installing an alternate serpentine belt. This type of repair often creates multiple issues and is not a recommended resolution.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr