Q: we were told by our local dealer we cant have anyone change the oil of our 2015 sedona but the dealership. is that true?

My wife was told by our Kia dealership that no one but the dealership can change the oil of our 2015 Sedona. Is that true?

Hi there. That’s a tricky question to answer. It really depends on the warranty program you have with the dealership that will dictate whether or not this is a statement of fact. Some dealerships offer extended warranty packages that are voided if service is not completed by themselves. However in other cases, as long as service is completed by a professional mechanic and documentation has been provided about the service completed, it shouldn’t impact the warranty. It is always best to find out the specific reasons why they would void a warranty before making any decision to have service completed.

3. we were told by our local dealer we cant have anyone change the oil of our 2015 sedona but the dealership. is that true?