Q: Manual clutch not engaging

My car won't go into gear. This is a manual transmission and the clutch won't engage.

A: If by the clutch not engaging you mean the ...

If by the clutch not engaging you mean the pedal is going to the floor, you might be having slave cylinder issues. The slave cylinder is a hydraulic component that works off your clutch pedal. It disengages the clutch when you step on the pedal to allow you to shift gears. If the slave cylinder fails, the pedal goes to the floor and shifting will be next to impossible when the car is running. Transmission removal is sometimes necessary to gain access to it. I suggest seeking professional help to properly diagnose your clutch problem.