Q: Grumbling sound while breaking at the stop light, brake pedal shakes

I have some problems with the brakes on my car. When I'm braking, there is this grumbling sound and the brake pedal shakes a bit. It happens at the stop light usually. When I press the brake and the car is about to stop, it sounds as if the anti-brake system is activated. So, I have to press the brake pedal again so that the car would stop completely. Do you have any idea what could be the issue?

You are exactly right. It is your anti-lock braking system that is engaging when you hear that buzzing sound. A number of things could cause the anti-lock braking system to engage when it shouldn’t. Some of these things would include:

I would recommend having your braking system inspected by a technician who is proficient in anti-lock brake repairs. This inspection would cover all the parts listed to determine which one is causing the ABS malfunction.

When the inspection is completed, the mechanic would then relay the diagnostic information over to you to make a repair decision.

3. Grumbling sound while breaking at the stop light, brake pedal shakes