Q: Connector that links shift lever to transmission disconnecting

The connector that links the shift lever to transmission, disconnects when changing from reverse to drive. I am able to reset the unit onto the toggle that changes the gears, but it does not stay on when parking.

Hello. If the shifter cable is popping off of the transmission selector sensor, then either the end of the cable is worn out or the selector is bad. Most of the time the cable end is where the problem is and the shifter cables needs to be replaced. A mechanic would typically install the cable and install it and see if the end is broken and then replace it. I would have your transmission inspected by a professional mechanic who can point you in the right direction for repairs.