Q: I have a 2001 Lincoln towncar I'm having a problem with coolant leaking out side on the passenger side of the car also have a wh

asked by on July 12, 2017

I have a 2001 Lincoln towncar with 99000 I have a coolant leak on the passenger side of the vehicle I also have steam Coming threw the vents when the car get to normal temperature I'm not sure if it's the heater core or heater core hoes or blower motor

Coolant is leaking Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Your guess that the heater core is to blame is very likely correct. Not only are they common components to form leaks, but it is also the component located in that area. It would explain the steam coming through the vents as well. The core itself may be leaking, the control valve that controls the flow of coolant through the heater core may be to blame, or a coolant line leading to the core may be to blame. Only further inspection will tell. For more help locating the leak and repairing it, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr