Q: Loud grinding noise when locking front passenger car door with key fob

I'd like to know what is a reasonable price to pay a garage to have this sorted out? Also, it's been like this for several months, might it progressively get worse? What's worse case scenario?

A: This sounds like a door lock actuator is fa...

This sounds like a door lock actuator is failing. When they begin to do this, they can continue to work for months or years, but will eventually stop working all together. Keep in mind, I am not there to hear the noise, so rely on one our mechanics to make a final diagnosis.

The description of your car only states its a Nissan. We will need more information to give you an accurate estimate. I’d recommend having the vehicle looked at by a qualified technician who will be able to diagnose and replace your door lock actuator as necessary.

Good luck.