Q: Truck keeps bogs down and dies when I let off gas.

I bought a truck and it had no gas. After I had put some in it, I drove it for around two hours. As I was turning it died and the Check Battery light came on. I popped the clutch and it started started back up, but every time I let off the gas it would die. I finally got it home, but even though it starts, every time I push the clutch it bogs down and dies, or almost dies.

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Fuel Pump Replacement $121.19 - $1182.22 Get a Quote

It is very possible that you have a weak fuel pump. Having to keep your foot on the accelerator to keep the engine running is an indication of low fuel pressure. The pump works harder at higher RPMs in order to supply the engine with the correct amount of fuel. When the clutch is pressed down, you usually let off the accelerator slightly causing the engine to bog down. I would start by having a fuel system inspection performed by a professional from YourMechanic. Once the fuel system has been inspected the faulty part should be identified. The ignition system is likely not the cause in this circumstance due to the having to press the accelerator to stay running symptom. If the fuel pump is weak and in need of replacement, have the technician replace your fuel filter as well. A new fuel pump with a dirty fuel filter can cause problems later.