Q: Pale blue smoke from tail pipe when the engine is cold

When I start the car up while the engine is still cold, the tail pipe is blowing pale blue smoke. It has a light blue color. What could cause this? I appreciate your help.

Blue smoke coming from the tailpipe is usually an indication that the engine is burning oil. If the engine is burning oil, the piston rings or valve guide seals may be causing this to happen. The piston rings and valve guide seals are intended to prevent oil from reaching the combustion chamber. I would recommend keeping an eye on your engine oil level between oil changes to see if the level changes. If the level changes and the oil level becomes low, the likelihood of burning oil is high. If the problem gets worse, I would have a professional inspect the smoke in person and perform the needed services to remedy this issue.

3. Pale blue smoke from tail pipe when the engine is cold