Q: Front passenger tire caved in.

I bought and installed a new wheel bearing and CV shaft a couple weeks ago and the front passenger caved in today. What would be the problem.

If the front wheel caved in then it may be possible that the wheel bearing that was freshly installed may have come undone or let go. This can happen if the wheel bearing was not installed correctly. The same could be true of the CV axle, as both play a role in securing the wheel as the vehicle moves forward. Similar issues can also occur if the vehicle’s ball joint, the component that holds the control arm to the steering knuckle, lets go. I would carefully inspect the wheel that caved in to see if you can determine if it was the bearing, axle, or ball joint that may have failed. In most cases the component that failed will have to be replaced, and as well as any other components that were potentially damaged when the problem occurred.

3. Front passenger tire caved in.