Q: How do I turn off the Air Bag Light on the dash?

How do I turn off the Air Bag Light on the dash?

If the Air Bag Light on the dash of your car is on, it means that something’s causing the passenger sensing system to turn off the front air bag and possibly the side air bag. Here’s what you should do to troubleshoot the situation:

1. Pull over somewhere safe.

2. Cut the engine off.

3. Check for items under, beside or behind the seat that might be causing the problem. Anything lodged under the seat, between the seat and the center console, beside the seat and the pillar or pressing on the seat from the back can cause false readings.

4. Remove any items found.

5. Crank the engine again.

6. Wait for a minimum of two minutes to see if the light stays on.

Tips

• If the light stays on even after removing the obstruction, have the car inspected.
  • Never try to repair your air bag system on your own.