Q: Car overheating and shutting off

asked by on February 20, 2016

My car is overheating due to a faulty thermostat and maybe even a bad head gasket. I busted a bolt on the thermostat, so air is coming out and causing the car to shut off. When I start driving it, the car overheats and shuts off as well.

Thermostat Replacement $141.92 - $651.49 Get a Quote

Hi. An engine that is not able to keep itself cool is at serious risk of significant damage. There is a good chance that the head gasket has been damaged as a result of overheating and should be replaced along with a new thermostat. These will ensure that the car can keep the coolant flowing correctly and keep you driving on the road. One of our certified technicians would be able to help you determine if the head gasket is damaged and replace your thermostat.