Q: Car starts on cold mornings, then shuts off while driving

I have a bmw e46 , my car this morning started normally ( was very cold ) i start driving and the car just died and engine light came on . I had similar issues in the morning when its cold i want to die and this happened. My car gets serviced monthly and every week i have a new problem with the car , so far in 6 months ive changed the following: Head Gasket , Crankshaft , cam shaft sensor , water pump , alternator , front shock Around 2000 pounds in 6 months still got the same problem .. HELP??

It sounds like you’ve been addressing a number of issues. Of the parts that you have had replaced, only the crankshaft sensor would be one that would be likely to cause your car to shut off while driving. You could be having a failure in an ignition module or a fuel pump relay or even contaminated fuel. But I don’t recommend you run out and have those parts changed. What you need is a careful diagnosis so that you don’t waste money on expensive parts that don’t need to be changed. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a qualified mechanic to your home or office to check out your shutting off problem and tell you just what can be done about it.

3. Car starts on cold mornings, then shuts off while driving