Q: P1510 trouble code is showing up. Cleaned the idle control valve but it won't start.

Recently my car stopped on me put it on the code reader p1510 comes up idle control valve clean it with carbon cleaner placed it back in the car put everything in the right place try to start the car only getting a crank but no start tell me what could be the problem do I need a new idle control valve

The idle air control valve monitors the air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the engine. This valve is controlled by the vehicle’s computer which will adjust idle speed based upon other measurements such as engine temperature, intake air temperature and electrical system load or voltage. If this valve does not have the correct voltage to it, it will also not work properly.

When you accelerate, the engine RPM increases, and as you let off the gas, the RPM slowly returns to the normal idling speed. This is all done by the idle air control valve. When the engine RPM drops below the normal range of 750-800 RPM (for most cars), this may indicate a dirty or faulty idle air control valve. In cases where this valve is dirty or failing, your vehicle may stall instead of slowing to an idle after the release of the throttle.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having a certified expert, like one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose your no start issue and service your idle air control valve as necessary.

• P1510 trouble code is showing up. Cleaned the idle control valve but it won't start.