Q: Q: Low coolant light came on.

1996 chevy impala ss has icon on dash with square yellow box LOW with arrow pointing down at two wavy lines I assumed it was the coolant/antifreeze and poured in about a full bottle and now it is full up to the cap but light will not go off please advise also please let me know if I can still drive to work (3 miles on side streets each way)

(also had radiator replaced less than 500 miles ago so that should be fine, not leaking anywhere visible)

Hi there. Check the coolant level sensor on the radiator and make sure that it’s plugged in. If the radiator was replaced, there is a good possibility that the coolant level sensor could have been slightly plugged in and then it unplugged on the road while driving. If the sensor is plugged in and the cooling system is full, then the sensor is not working and would need to be replaced. Before replacing the sensor, check the harness to the sensor for a power and ground and ensure that there is full circuit to allow the sensor to receive and send signals to the ECM (computer). If you need further assistance with your coolant level indicator light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Q: Low coolant light came on.