Q: The car won't shift or accelerate, noisy reverse

Hi. I have issue with shifting in my car. It just wouldn't change gears while I was driving it. Also, engaging the reverse as well as backing up made some unusual sounds. Although I kept my foot on the gas all the way, I couldn't accelerate past 30 mph. The ESP is mulfunctioning as well. Could you please tell my what you think the problem is? Is it an expensive fix? Thank you.

Hello. Since the Check Engine Light is on, I start by scanning the computer for codes. This will give me a place to start. Most of the time, this is caused by a failing speed sensor on the transmission. When this fails to read correctly, the vehicle will run like this. It can be an internal issue, but this is not as common when this occurs. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your shifting issue.

3. The car won't shift or accelerate, noisy reverse