Q: Honda says bad usb device when I connect a device that has previously worked

asked by on December 24, 2016

I've played music with my iphone 4s several times before, but now it doesn't work. Also I plugged in an iphone 6 and it didn't even charge it. Even after I disconnected the device and turned off and on the audio it still displays bad usb device.

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. Honda does not use a seperate fuse for some of their USB circuits. If your model does have a fuse, start by checking that. There are several other cases of issues with the Honda USB ports and certain IPhone cables. The cables will cause the circuit to overheat, and lock the circuit into a "safety mode" so to speak. Some customers have found resolution by updating to a brand specific cord, and allowing the system to remain unused for a day to reset itself. If a new cable does not fix the problem, you will want to proceed with further electrical testing on the USB circuit. For more help resolving any further testing in the port, contact our service department.