Q: I need a thermostat replacement, will they automatically do the coolant flush?

I have a check engine light. I was told I needed a new thermostat. Can I just replace the thermostat? Does the service come with a coolent flush and do I need that?

A: The cooling system is recommended to be flu...

The cooling system is recommended to be flushed out anytime the thermostat is replaced if the coolant has not been changed or flushed recently. A thermostat does not always require the coolant to be flushed out and would be an additional charge for parts and labor. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to your location and replace the thermostat and if need to do a coolant flush for you.