Q: I need a thermostat replacement, will they automatically do the coolant flush?

I have a check engine light. I was told I needed a new thermostat. Can I just replace the thermostat? Does the service come with a coolent flush and do I need that?

The cooling system is recommended to be flushed out anytime the thermostat is replaced if the coolant has not been changed or flushed recently. A thermostat does not always require the coolant to be flushed out and would be an additional charge for parts and labor. Have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic come to your location and replace the thermostat and if need to do a coolant flush for you.

3. I need a thermostat replacement, will they automatically do the coolant flush?