Q: Transfer box gone on Audi A4 DTM - how much to repair? 2006 Audi A4 Quattro

asked by on March 19, 2017

Grinding sound underneath the car for a few seconds then pulled over . Looked under the car and couldn't see anything wrong. Got in the car put it into gear let up the clutch and nothing. It won't move just makes a slight groaning noise . Has anyone an idea of what the price would be to get this sorted out? Many thanks Jason.

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello - if you are able to release the clutch in any gear, and get no motion, a shaft or final drive gearset in the transmission has failed. The only real hope here is that a shifter cable has failed instead, and you aren’t actually engaging gears in the transmission - some part of which is seriously broken if so. I recommend a car won’t move when in gear inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr