Q: Master cylinder going bad

asked by on February 09, 2016

I think my master cylinder is going bad. How can I tell?

Brake Master Cylinder Replacement $147.69 - $851.28 Get a Quote

The master cylinder may be going bad if you notice the pedal going down to the floor with no signs of any brake fluid leakage, or if the master cylinder is leaking fluid from the back of it into the brake booster. These are the two most common problems encountered with a master cylinder that would require replacement. I recommend you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, check your vehicle out for you and replace the master cylinder, if needed.