Q: I was driving my car home when it started to lose power and the RED OIL CAN Light flashed for about 5 mins . The car stopped and

asked by on October 12, 2016

I was driving my car home when it started to lose power and the Check Engine Light came on. The car stopped and when I went to restart it, it sounded like it wanted to start, but wouldn't turn over all the way.

A flashing oil light is typically a sign that either the oil level is low, or the computer has sensed a lack of oil pressure. I hope it isn’t the case, but usually when an engine starts to lose power (like when a battery starts to run down), that can be a sign of the engine beginning to seize up. With the oil light flashing for that period of time, the check engine light coming on, and the engine not wanting to turn over, I’m afraid the engine may have seized. A certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to perform a Check Engine Light is On Inspection on your vehicle and diagnose this issue for you.