Q: SVC tire monitor came on. What does it mean and how do I fix it? Also, is it safe to drive in the meantime til its fixed?

SVC tire monitor light came on. What does this mean and how do I fix it. Also, is it safe to drive in the meantime?

Hi there. When the Service tire warning light is illuminated it typically indicates that there is a communication problem with the TPM sensors. However, it could also indicate a low tire pressure reading; especially when it’s extremely hot or cold. In most cases, the first thing you should do is physically check the tire pressure on all four tires to ensure they are set as recommended by your manufacturer. If the tire pressure is good on all tires, the TPMS will need to be checked to see if the sensor is damaged and needs to be replaced. This is something you should do sooner than later, as it’s a very important safety sensor that can save you a lot of money on a flat tire, damaged rims or avoid an accident.

3. SVC tire monitor came on. What does it mean and how do I fix it? Also, is it safe to drive in the meantime til its fixed?