Dip stick doesn't register ANY oil though I just made oil...

Q: Dip stick doesn't register ANY oil though I just made oil/filter change. No obvious leaks above or below. Let run, but same result

Just changed my oil/filter on my 2005 Pont Sunfire. Dip stick doesn't indicate a drop of oil (put in 4.5 qts). Can't see any obvious seepage or leaks above or below. Turned car on and let sit for a minutes several times with same results. I THINK I hear an ever so slight "hiss" in the engine compartment, but I'm not sure. Filter, cap and oil pan plug are all properly seated. Have a friend coming over to check it out and see if he concurs with me on this. Any idea what the problem could be?

Many engines require that the engine be started up to circulate oil through the filter and then let the engine sit for several minutes to an hour before checking. This will allow all the oil to fall back into the oil pan and rest so that the oil may be properly checked.