Q: It's hard to fuel up; the nozzle stops and takes forever to fill up and I need to know why

I can fuel the car, but it takes so long at the pump. I have to baby feed gas into it and I know this is not normal. I want to fix this and I have a warranty on the car, so if you know how I can remedy this issue, please tell me what would fix this. Thank you for your time.

A: This is likely related to your evaporative ...

This is likely related to your evaporative emissions system. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister is filled with activated carbon pellets that can absorb the fuel vapors. When the engine is running, the fuel vapors are purged from the canister and burned in the engine. The vent control valve (solenoid) controls the flow of outside air in and out of the charcoal canister. When this is not working properly, you will experience the gas pump shutting off at the pump prematurely as you describe as a result of the tank not being able to rid the system of the excess fumes. This is merely a safety measure of the gas pumps at the station. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your car to diagnose your EVAP purge solenoid.