Q: Ews intermediate no start due to starter immobilizer. How do i bypass starter immobilizer to the starter. Or at least relay

asked by on July 31, 2016

Intermediate no start ews issue . believe the relay is going bad.. Starter immobilizer. Problem how do i bypass or at least replace relay and its location or wires to connect

Car is not starting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

I have had a number of customers make requests such as this. The first few times I entertained the possibility of bypassing this system, but the simple fact is, it is less expensive just to have it fixed. The immobilizer is part of the alarm system, or is the alarm system. Depending on how you view it. You will not likely be able to bypass just the starter relay. The alarm system can disable the ignition and fuel system as well. Not to mention it also has its hands in the door locks and windows and it communicates with the body control module and PCM as well. You will effectively need to rewire the entire system to make this happen.

I recommend having this looked at by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to help address your starting issue. Experienced German car technicians can be hard to come by. Hopefully we have one in your area that can help you out.

I highly recommend using a German car specialist in this case.

Good luck!