Q: Rain is always getting onto my truck

I live in a pretty wet area in the South, but I cannot believe how much water leaks into my 2008 GMC Sierra! This water is coming in around the windows, sunroof and anywhere else it can find. The interior always smells wet and I am worried that mildew will ruin this truck. How on earth is this a problem these days? I need to know how to fix this! I only have 44,000 miles on this truck. How can I dry out all of the interior before it gets ruined?

A: There are several water leak issues that pe...

There are several water leak issues that pertain to your truck and are addressed under technical service bulletin (TSB) 09-08-57-002D dated 02/04/2013. The TSB covers 12 different water leak repairs to the sun roof, windshield, third brake light, under seats, door pillars and other areas. The TSB is not covered out of basic warranty, however if you have documented the leaks before with your dealer they may help with the repairs. The TSB even has replacement pads under the carpet that can be replaced after all leaks are fixed. You can contact YourMechanic and they can perform the TSB if the dealer does not cover the repairs for free for you.