Q: Car won't start and is also leaking oil.

asked by on February 25, 2017

I'll try to keep my issue brief & straight to the point. Last year, I had my engine "rebuilt" at a shop. I got my car back but it now leaked oil. They wouldn't go back in & fix it. So I've been driving my car, refilling up with oil about every 4 days. Couldn't afford dealership. My car doesn't have a valve cover gasket so I'm assuming that could be the issue. The other day my oil light came on & it started to beep, my car shut off by itself, wouldn't crank just made loud noises & struggled. I thought the engine was done AGAIN. But the next day, I tried to crank it, & it crunk right up. I just let it sit, then today I check on the car & it will not turn over at all. Even my RKE transmitter key won't work. I can't unlock my doors, turn on the radio, lights, nothing. I got the battery replaced inside my key, car still won't crank. Will getting a valve cover gasket make my car start & stop the leak? Do I need a new battery? What is wrong? My car will not start or turn over.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Your battery needs replaced in the car. This is why nothing will work as the key is turned to the ’ON’ position. Then, if your engine does not have a valve cover gasket, be sure to install one to prevent the engine from leaking out the engine oil. If you need further assistance with your oil leaks, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.