Q: in my 2006 Chrysler 300 a ESP/ABS light shows what is the reason and how do you fix it

asked by on August 17, 2017

in my 2006 Chrysler 300 a ESP/ABS light shows what is the reason and how do you fix it

Hi Stormykally. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. The other possible issue is that the ABS module or an electrical harness connected to the sensors are damaged. ESP stands for electronic stability program. If the car detects the wheels are spinning or there is a danger of skidding into a turn, it will illuminate the ESP light. If the ESP light flashes intermittently, it may be an indication that all four tires are not the correct size. If all the tires are indeed the same, I suspect a problem with one of the wheel speed sensors. I wish we could provide you a repair solution, but there are too many variables to give an exact solution.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr