Q: what causes a vvti engine to have vigorous shaking or vibrating?

asked by on February 08, 2017

the runx car's vvti engine is vibrating abnormally what could be the problem....i have just put new plugs but it has continued doing the shaking

Car idle is rough Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Is the check engine light on? If so, retrieving the codes is the first step to properly diagnosing the condition. It does sound the there may be an oil control valve concern that could be causing the shaking or there are weak/broken motor mounts. The oil control valves are used to determine the amount of valve timing adjust in the VVTi system. They are susceptible to wear and contaminants from old oil. I suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with a car runs rough inspection.