Q: Oil pressure gauge is reading high

Just noticed this morning that my pressure gauge is reading to the highest level during acceleration or at fixed speed limit speed. But with decelerating or idled it drops to the middle where it should be. Is this normal?

A: This is not normal. Issues like this should...

This is not normal. Issues like this should be looked at by a qualified mechanic. This can be caused by many things such as a blocked or clogged oil passage, over filling the oil the last time the oil was changed, or potentially a faulty oil pump.

If you decide to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to service your vehicle.