Q: Where is the thermostat location for a 2013 Chrysler 200 2.4L

where is the thermostat location for 2013 200 touring 2.4L . how do you replace it

Hello, the thermostat on this engine is located at the "rear" (driverside of the car) of the cylinder head. It is somewhat covered up by the valve and cam housings above it, and is fairly difficult to access. There is a large coolant pipe underneath that block access to at least 1 of the 4 bolts holding the thermostat housing to the cylinder head. Procedure is same as other engines, drain coolant in a catch-pan, remove the housing bolts and hoses, insert new thermostat, reinstall housing and hoses, refill and bleed the coolant system of air (very important), test drive for leaks and top off coolant. If you decide this is more challenging than you want to tackle, I would recommend having a thermostat replacement service completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic.