Q: Where can you find the auxiliary power outlets?

Where can you find the auxiliary power outlets?

You have two auxiliary power outlets in your car that allow you to charge things like cell phones and tablets, or even plug in a power strip or a portable DVD player. You’ll find them located here:

• The front power outlet is located on the instrument panel.

• The secondary power outlet is located inside the center console between the driver and passenger front seats.

Tips

• Don’t overload the power outlets, or you may blow a fuse.

• If your outlet doesn’t work, the first thing to check is for a blown fuse.

• Power outlets and cigarette lighters are not interchangeable (if your car is equipped with a cigarette lighter).

• Keep the protective caps on your outlets unless they’re in use. This prevents debris from entering and potentially causing problems.

• Don’t leave any accessories plugged into the outlets overnight. They pull power straight from the battery and you may kill it.