I just had a diagnostic performed on my car and the follo...

Q: I just had a diagnostic performed on my car and the following error code came up P0299 boost control sensor.

asked by on March 18, 2017

I just had a diagnostic run on my car and the following error code came up PO299 turbo boost sensor also with low voltage warning I'm in Australia but Holden/Chevrolet are exactly the same, anyway how do I fix this fault or am I up for a brand new turbo?, from what I've read it's an underboost problem so air intake or that stupid pipe that clogs regularly on their other models? Also I can hear and having trouble trying to diagnose this even with mechanics a faint ticking sound when the car decelerates or I take my foot off the gas at low speed?.

Hi there. Check to see what the oil pressure is in the engine. If the oil pressure is low, then the P0299 code can appear. Also, check for the EGR operation and see if its sticking. A faulty EGR will also make the code appear. Check to see if there is any air intake leaks or restrictions that could put a strain on the turbo. If everything is good and working properly, then either the turbo is shot or the boost sensor has failed. If you need further assistance with your loss of boost, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.