Q: Climate control module. Heater core

Can a climate control module that has gone bad cause my heater core to go bad. Recall on my truck says that the climate control module can overheat causing the plastic to melt exposing wires and potential cause the truck to catch on fire. My heater core has just went out and is causing the truck to over heat. Is or couldn't this be related to the recall part? Thank you Desperate for repair

Faults in electronic or mechanical control components in the HVAC system have no effect on the heater core in the passenger cabin. The heater core itself is not a component that would looked at as a cause of engine overheating. Heater cores can get plugged up and/or the heater control valve in the cooling system can malfunction but neither circumstance would cause a car or truck engine to overheat. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Climate control module. Heater core