Q: Car not starting with good cranky sound

Hi, I was coming back from the office yesterday and suddenly my car stopped, I I checked every fuse in the box, everything seemed to be OK. But I noticed that my fuel pump was not making any humming sound. What could be the problem? I tried to restart when I checked all the fuses still there was no success . Please I need your expertise advice. Thank you.

Hello. This may be caused by a variety of issues, of which one may potentially be the fuel pump fuse. This may also be caused by a fuel pump connectivity issue or relay. If you are mechanically able to perform the following test, I would recommend testing the fuel pump relay to determine if this is the problem.

If the fuel pump relay wires straight to the pump, jump the wire in the fuse box directly to the battery. Use a 10 amp fuse in your jumper lead to be safe. If that works, go from the relay power supply wire to the fuel pump wire effectively eliminating the relay all together. If this works, then you know it is the fuel pump relay. Performing tests like this can be tedious and time consuming. A qualified professional from YourMechanic can inspect this starting issue and determine what fixes are needed.

3. Car not starting with good cranky sound