Q: I have a 2004 dodge durango and I've lost power to my brake lights and the trunk won't open. Fuses are good and hazards work.

My brake lights do not work. Hazards and stand alone work as well as the third brake light but the others do not. Fuses are good and brake switch is fine. Also, my trunk won't open. The hatch portion that comes up stopped opening the same time the brake lights stopped.

Hi there. In most cases these two issues are not related The brake light problem could be an electrical relay fault; as could the trunk release issue. The brake light problem could also be due to a damaged or faulty brake switch or loose electrical harness to the brake switch. You might want to have a professional mechanic complete an electrical issues inspection to isolate the source of both faults and recommend the right repairs.

3. I have a 2004 dodge durango and I've lost power to my brake lights and the trunk won't open. Fuses are good and hazards work.