Q: Service engine light

When it gets below 35 degrees this light comes on . I changed my gas cap last winter and it went out . Now it is cold again and it came back on a year later.

The service engine light or check engine light coming on in cooler temperature could be you gas cap seal but you would need to have the computer scanned first to see if you have codes in memory of the computer that do not pertain to a fuel vapor leak. There are many sensors and components that can turn on the light that have nothing to do with the fuel cap and only a test can expose the other possibilities.