Q: Transmission slips

asked by on May 31, 2016

After I put my car into 'Drive' and step on the gas pedal, the gear doesn't engage as quickly as it should. Instead, it slips. After what seems like a minute, it goes into gear and works okay. Is this an automatic transmission problem?

The transmission may be slipping internally from a bad clutch servo or it has an internal seal leak. Have the transmission tested for proper pressures to see if it is a solenoid issue or the seals are leaking causing it to slip and apply the gear for you. I’d recommend letting a certified mechanic find the reason for why your gears are slipping and make the necessary fix.