Q: Q: Won't start

How do I restart the antitheft system on a 2001 Ford Taurus

If you are trying to get a new key to work with the vehicle, you will need a factory scan tool to program the key to the vehicle. If you replaced the computer, you will also need the dealer to program the keys to the new unit. Even the dealer scan tool makes them wait for 10 minutes until access to the anti-theft system is gained. This is to ensure that someone with a stolen factory scan tool can’t just reprogram keys and steal vehicles quickly.

If you’d like some help or a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can assess your starting issue in person and suggest a fix from there. Good luck.

3. Q: Won't start