Q: How long can I drive with bad 02 sensor? 1996 Audi A4

I just recently bought used car and was told check engine light is on because of an 02 sensor will not have money to replace it for about a month at least two weeks am I causing additional damage to any other part of the car.

HI there - possibly. If it is one of the pre-catalytic converter oxygen sensors, yes, it is possible to damage the catalytic converters. From the problem codes, this would be a "Bank 1/2, Sensor 1" - the operative information that it is Sensor 1". An oxygen sensor that was reporting a lean condition to engine management would cause the fuel injection to deliver a richer mix than the engine needs, passing unburned gasoline to the catalytic converter. This will, over a relatively short period of time, clog the converter(s). Converters are much more expensive than the oxygen sensors. Post-catalytic converter oxygen sensors (Sensor 2) report on how efficient the catalytic converter is doing its job. I recommend an oxygen sensor replacement performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. How long can I drive with bad 02 sensor? 1996 Audi A4