Q: Q: Glow Plug

it takes while to start car although car parks @ decent place in garage or carport to avoid cold weather. i need to turn on ignition on for about at least 5minutes if car restart after 7-8 hours. the sign of glow plug appears very late which means the car is ready to start now. is it glow plug problem? battery problem, or HP Fuel pump problem or radiator or cooling fan? please advise

Hello. The starting issue you are having could very well be caused by the glow plug circuit. It may not be the glow plugs themselves (although it could be), but rather the wires and other parts of the circuit involved. This does include the battery. If the batter is starting to fail, and not supplying the glow plugs with enough voltage or amperage right away, then the glow plugs are going to be delayed in warming up. There may also be high resistance on a wire somewhere that is robbing the glow plugs of the voltage they want. You should start by testing the battery and battery cables. Then proceed to check and or replace the spark plugs from there if needed. You can also take the battery in to get it tested.

3. Q: Glow Plug