Q: Error code p1516 with check engine and reduced engine power unable to drive over 30mph car is revving up put no power

Drivibg car reduced engine power light comes on changed map sensor error code p1516 so cleaned throttle bodymade some improvement but now after driving car 10mins reduced engine power light comes on car with revvive up on its own also transmission kicks hard when shifting. Unable to go over 30phm. Help what could this be??

The code P1516 is is for the throttle position sensor. It looks like the car’s computer is putting the engine in "failsafe mode" to prevent the car from being driven much further. A technician would need to examine the system firsthand to accurately diagnose the code and make the correct fix. A certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to thoroughly inspect the car and let you know how to best proceed.

• Error code p1516 with check engine and reduced engine power unable to drive over 30mph car is revving up put no power