Q: Brake Pad on passenger side is heating up.

asked by on February 02, 2017

Replaced pads and rotors on rear of vehicle.. only pad on passenger side is heating up after very little travel.

Brake safety Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The brake caliper and/or the sliding pins in the caliper bracket, are sticking. Typically, when brakes are refurbished, if the existing calipers have 75,000 or more miles on them, they should be replaced with high quality remanufactured calipers to avoid sticky caliper operation which will often ruin new pads and rotors. All moving components in the brake assembly must be cleaned and re-lubricated with high temperature brake grease as well. If you would like an evaluation of your vehicle’s brake system, performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a brake safety inspection and the responding certified mechanic will address any and all concerns that you may have and list for you all brake parts that must be re-conditioned or replaced in order to restore your brake system to like new condition. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.